Chủ Nhật, 20 tháng 10, 2013

Dell Inspiron 17R i17RM-8355sLV 17.3-Inch Deals

By James Bush Jr. "RedHawkWarrior" (Georgia)

This review is from: Dell Inspiron 17R i17RM-8355sLV 17.3-Inch Laptop (Moon Silver) (Personal Computers)
This is a nice computer. Plenty of memory, it boots up quickly, and has some sweet programs pre-loaded. The display is very good. There are three USB ports, a card reader, and and HDMI port. All pluses in my book. I even like Windows 8. Of course, I added a program that restores the classic Start menu. That probably makes the transition easier.

The biggest drawback for me is the sound from the speakers. It is pretty bad. There are no settings that make it sound acceptable. It sounds very tinny and thin. Imagine the cheapest speakers you can imagine installed in a tomato soup can. That is what the speakers remind me of. Now, if you plug in a good set of aftermarket speakers or a decent headset, then WOW! The music becomes rich and deep. It is apparent that the music processor and software are more than adequate it is just the speakers or the computer case itself that limits the sound quality so immensely. Trust me, you do not want to start up your favorite playlist without plugging in better speakers or a good set of headphones.

Just a few days ago I streamed a movie through the HDMI port to my Sony television and the music was fantastic. So, it is just the speakers and/or computer case that limit the sound.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this laptop. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a moderately priced machine that can do just about anything well and a few things very well.

One last thing...has anyone replaced the DVD player in this computer with a Blu-ray player or player/burner? I tried to upgrade to a http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AXW2YQ/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_hst_1 but it was a little too thick. I need something thinner.

 By Marvin Best -(UK)
This review is from: Dell Inspiron 17R i17RM-8355sLV 17.3-Inch Laptop (Moon Silver) (Personal Computers)
Laptop itself was fine as expected. Documentation included and documentation available on the DELL website was extremely lacking in coverage, details, and user friendliness. For example the specifications for this laptop states it has a "media card reader" built-in. A thorough review of all documentation failed to even mention such a feature. Two phone calls to DELL also failed to provide any information on even where this accessory was supposed to be located. Five hours of Internet research scanning user forums, FAQs, and parts references finally revealed a tiny unmarked slot 3/4 inch wide under the lip on the front of the case which was the opening for the media card reader. The factory installed Windows 8 was configured with dozens of useless apps pinned to the initial screen after login. I doubt most computer users need a pre-configured 1-click access to E-Bay, Facebook and Twitter. DELL has obviously eliminated documentation to increase profit at the demise of the customer's satisfaction.
By MWest (Ludowici, GA)
This review is from: Dell Inspiron 17R i17RM-8355sLV 17.3-Inch Laptop (Moon Silver) (Personal Computers)
Spoke with someone from another country and after 30 min of us trying to understand each other and them get information from me they wanted to charge me for some support upgrade to do anything. I've always been a Dell guy but not anymore. My dell Insiron is dead and I'm down 1K.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét