Chủ Nhật, 20 tháng 10, 2013

Dell Inspiron 15 i15RV-6144BLK 15.6-Inch Deals

By Dr. XYZ - (CA)

This review is from: Dell Inspiron 15 i15RV-6144BLK 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Black Matte with Textured Finish) (Personal Computers)
Being a Windows 8 hater really forced me to carefully choose a laptop for a friend as Win7 laptops are sparse and usually only the over priced models are available.

With that said, this laptop has a touch screen, which is pretty much required to make the best use of Win8, it has the ivy bridge processor which is best for power management. Some laptops in this price range don't have DVD/CD players in them but this one does.

It worked perfectly out of the box, is fast, and allows Win8 to achieve its greatest potential.

 By Kristen Stewart (Midtown Memphis)

This review is from: Dell Inspiron 15 i15RV-6144BLK 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Black Matte with Textured Finish) (Personal Computers)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program (What's this?)
This Dell Inspiron was my first foray into Windows 8, and I think the touchscreen really made the new OS shine. It's easy to use and fairly intuitive, something I can see appealing across generation lines from little kids to seniors.

The touchscreen is certainly the most advanced feature this laptop can boast. Overall, this is a budget laptop that does everything an average user needs it to do.

It's a large, fairly heavy laptop best suited for a desk. It's not the sort of laptop I imagine people will move from room to room throughout the day, more for someone who wants to have a computer that's portable so they can occasionally bring it with them when they really need to. The screen resolution is fairly low for 2013, but it's really fine for most uses and it has an HDMI out so you can connect it to a larger monitor or your TV easily on occasion. I don't love the textured finish, but that's really an aesthetic choice on my part and nothing that takes away from the functionality of the laptop.

For those who aren't ready to go completely to the cloud, or like to watch or burn DVDs, it has a DVD±R Drive. I think this is an important feature in this price range. It does offer both bluetooth and a media card reader in addition to 4 USB drives, which should be enough for any average user.

Everything I tested ran fairly fast and generally smoothly. It does not have a lot of pre-loaded software, but users can pick and choose what they really need or use cloud apps, so that isn't a deterrent for me. This is not a great choice for a gamer or graphic designer or a hard core photographer, but otherwise, I'd recommend it.
By Vermonter (Rutland, Vt United States)

This review is from: Dell Inspiron 15 i15RV-6144BLK 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Black Matte with Textured Finish) (Personal Computers)
I had this unit for about 2 weeks and decided to stream a movie through the HDMI port. It did not work. Called Dell support and we tried several things for well over an hour. Dell decided the mother board was bad. I chose to return it through Amazon for a replacement.

I receive unit #2 and it will not boot. The Dell rep had me do several things including removing and resetting the hard drive. Finally Dell decided the hard drive was bad. This time I thought the fastest way was for them to send me a new hard drive. I put in the new hard drive and it booted and initialized itself. Right now it is working, but now I need to reload all my software and test it out. Even if it works I will be nervous about future problems.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét